An interesting article from DHC News about the French district heating market, which has nearly 600 different heating and cooling networks and an annual output of about 19,000 MWth.
This sector has a total turnover of 7.5 billion Euros and is predicted to double its size over the next 15 years.
Factors which are impacting the French Heating Network Market:
- Climate evolution
- Industrial activity
- Heating and cooling costs
- Investments by local authorities
- Multi-dwelling residences construction
- Buildings' energy consumption
- Support to renewable energy
- Energy efficiency innovation
For the future potential of the French District Heating Market, it is expected to see:
- higher heating costs;
- a 2% increase in manufacturing output volume);
- a revival of investment by local authorities;
- an increase in multi-dwellings residences in France;
- a 7.1% increase in construction work on multi-dwellings residences;
- higher regulated prices in district heating.
To read the whole article, go to: http://www.dhcnews.co.uk/french-district-heating-market/